Thursday, November 12, 2009

Texas Freethought Convention



        I'm happy to say that I'm looking forward to the second annual Texas Freethought Convention in San-Antonio Texas this Saturday, November 14th! If you are in Texas, and if you have the time and the means to go, I would certainly recommend it (for more information, click the image above to go to their website). They will have all sorts of activities including lectures, social events, live music, food, fun stuff for kids, and plenty of conversation with other freethinkers and other like minded people. I'm really happy to see these kinds of events happening here in Texas, and I hope to meet many new friends this weekend.
        There should be a fine selection of speakers at the convention, including Dr. Victor Stenger, author of "God: the Failed Hypothesis""Quantum Gods"and his new book, "The New Atheism". By the way, The Infidel Guy did a show last week, interviewing Dr. Stenger about his new book, and the controversial subject of "the new atheism" (click here to listen to an audio streaming version of that show). I can't wait to see if I can get him to sign my copy of "God: The Failed Hypotheses". I really enjoyed that book. Also at the convention, other lectures will include the president of Atheist Alliance International, the co-president of the Freedom From Religion Foundation, and the vice president of American Atheists, among others including representatives of the Center for Inquiry.
        For those who can't come, but would like to, I'll definitely take pictures, and notes for posts about the topics discussed. I'd love to do some livebloging  during the event, but my laptop is down at the moment. However, if I get the opportunity, I may give it a shot.
        I haven't had the opportunity to attend a convention of this kind before, and I'm looking forward to it. Also, I hope to see some of you there.......

No comments:

Post a Comment