Tuesday, November 24, 2009

They are Angry, Simply Because We Say that We Exist

          I was really impressed by this video. Furthermore, if you like it, you should subscribe to Philhellene's youtube account and give him some support. He talks about the recent popularity of atheist billboards, and shows how people with religious people are getting offended and lashing out toward them.
          Just the fact that people are being offended by us and those like us speaking out and simply stating that we exist (and if you are one of us then you are not alone, and there is a community you can relate to) is angering these people, shows just how important that campaigns such as these billboards are.
          And, with that I'll say no more because he says it all so well in this video:



          If you agree, then please show support to organizations who are putting up billboards, organizing atheist communities, and doing things like running atheist outreach programs (like Atheists Helping the Homeless that I talked about in an earlier post) and donate if you can, contact them and help out, or even start your own local atheist community.

4 comments:

  1. Hello, I accidentally stumbled across your blog about a week ago and have been following you ever since. I just want to say thank you. Thank you so much for advocating the voice of reason and freethinking. I aspire to be as well spoken as you when it comes to my (non)beliefs. It is a wonderful feeling to know I'm not alone.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, I must say, thank you for the wonderful complements. Thank you for reading, and I do my best to post interesting and challenging content now and in the future.

    I see that you have a blog going as well, I'll be looking as well.

    Thanks again...

    ReplyDelete
  3. That guy is awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great post. Here in my city the local nonbelieving community put up a sign that said "Dont believe in god? You're not alone." The billboard company moved it to a less prominent location weeks later amid complaints and threats of violence. How very Christlike.

    ReplyDelete